It’s no secret I am a fan of traditional BBQ. The sauces from various parts of the country, and the flavor profiles developed from various species of wood used for smoking these delicious traditional meats always bring a smile to my face.
They literally trigger a Pavlovian reaction!
Of the traditional competition BBQ meats, pork shoulder just happens to be one of my favorites, and there’s no better way to eat this treat than by loading it up on a bun, piling it high with some mac ‘n’ cheese and some coleslaw. Strap on a bib, grab a roll of paper towels, maybe a pack or two of wet ones, and stand back…you’re heading to BBQ heaven with this one.
Oh, and if you like this pork-centric sandwich, check out my Ultimate Grilled Cuban Sandwich.
BBQ Platter Sandwich Recipe
Serves: 4 | Cook time: 15 mins.
Step 1: Place 1/4 pound of this out-of-this-world-cinnamon pulled pork shoulder on the bottom of each bun.
Step 2: Top pulled pork buns with a 1/4 pound of mac n’ cheese. I like these sandwiches extra gooey, so add more if ya like.
Step 3: Divide coleslaw equally over the mac n’ cheese.
Step 4: Top with some dill pickle chips, BBQ sauce, and a bun and go to work! Wanna make this a sandwich into a gourmet BBQ meal? Make yourself some of these crispy french fries to go with it.
BBQ Sandwich Recipe
If you tried this recipe and enjoyed it, please click the stars below to leave a rating.
- 4 sesame buns
- 1 lb pulled pork shoulder
- 1 lb homemade mac n' cheese
- 1/2 lb apple and jalapeño coleslaw
- 12 slices dill pickle
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- Place 1/4 pound of this out-of-this-world cinnamon pulled pork shoulder on the bottom of each bun.
- Top each pulled pork bun with a 1/4 pound of mac n cheese. I like it extra gooey, so add more if you like.
- To the top of the mac n' cheese, divide coleslaw equally and top each sandwich.
- Top with some dill pickle chips, BBQ sauce, and a bun.